Welcome to the COVID-19 Resource Centre
The coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis is having a severe impact on community health in Australia. At times like this, ACWA can play a pivotal role in ensuring that members are informed and are galvanised in a community.
Through membership, we can assist you to find support if you need it and importantly facilitate learning from the experience of others.
The COVID-19 Resource Centre provides the car wash industry with a central hub of information and links to help us all navigate the challenging times ahead.
Car Wash Industry Frequently Asked Questions (COVID-19)
The COVID-19 Resource Centre
The coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis is having a severe impact on community health in Australia. No one needs telling that...news updates and our daily conversations with colleagues, friends and family are constant reminders.
It is also impacting the business and economic circumstances of every Australian in ways we could never have imagined.
With conditions, rules and regulations changing at pace, we are all struggling to come to terms with the new norm.
No one is sure where the coronavirus journey will take our industry and more importantly, Australia. However, it is these kinds of situations that make membership in an organisation like ACWA, all the more critical. At times like this, ACWA can play a pivotal role in ensuring that members are informed and galvanised into a supportive community. Through membership, we will find support if we need it and importantly learn from the experience of others.
This web page has been developed with exactly that in mind. However, in this rapidly changing environment, every wash owner and supplier must observe the instructions delivered by elected Government officials. The best way to stay abreast of announcements is to check State and Federal Government Department of Health websites. The links are listed on this webpage.
Community Safety Posters EXCLUSIVE and FREE for ACWA Members
ACWA COVID-19 Community Safety Posters are available exclusively to ACWA Members.
It is imperative that car wash sites do everything in their power to ensure the safety of staff and customers. ACWA's Community Safety Posters reinforce the need for customers to maintain the principles of social distancing while at your car wash and highlight the ways your wash site is helping to ensure customer safety.
Each poster is available in A4 and A3 (poster) sizes, simply place your order by clicking on the poster most appropriate for your car wash site or select both options.
Once you have placed your order, you will be forwarded the artwork which can be printed and laminated in the quantities you required.
Click the link to order your posters ACWA Community Safety Posters for your Car Wash Site
ACWA Member's Email Bulletins
ACWA takes its obligation to keep our members up to date seriously. We do this by sending regular email bulletins when we believe there is an important announcement. Email bulletins are now recorded in the news navigation on this website.
However, the COVID-19 environment changes rapidly, and all those in the car wash industry should also be monitoring appropriate Government websites. They are listed on this page.
Car Wash Industry - Obligations to our Community and Employees
Each of us has a civic obligation to help control the virus. In doing this, we will contribute in a small way to saving the lives of fellow Australians. Allowing customers to continue to use our equipment as they have always done, is not holding ourselves, or our industry to our obligation. In cannot be business as usual, every company and every person in Australia is being asked to play their part. I implore all ACWA members to take up the challenge of contributing to society by doing the right thing.
We also have a duty to our employees. This is not only a community duty, for many of us, but it is also our legal responsibility as Company Directors. We need to do everything in our power to ensure customers using our equipment and on-site services, do not infect our staff. They deserve that commitment from us.
To assist with our obligations to staff and community, ACWA's IR and WHS partners (ESSA and Eastman Lynch respectively) have prepared comprehensive guides for the car wash industry. These documents can be found in the Member's section of this website.
Social Distancing - Be a Part of the Solution
Until just a few weeks ago, no one had heard of the concept of social distancing. It is, however, something we must all come to grips with …and quickly. Social distancing is the Government's key strategy to get us all through this health crisis and take the pressure of our health services.
Each Member of the car wash industry has an integral role to play so be a part of the solution by ensuring your workplace adheres to strict social distancing guidelines.
Full details surrounding social distancing at home, around the family and at work can be found by clicking on this Federal Department of Health social distancing information link.
ACWA encourages all car wash industry members to take the time to read this vital information.
Business Restrictions and Shutdowns
Until most recently, each State Government had adopted a nationwide approach to COVID-19 virus regulations. However, States are recovering at different rates and each has implemented its own regimen and rules. At this time, Victoria is recording record numbers of infections and has the most stringent lockdown regulations in the country.
Restrictions in all states and particularly Victoria are changing consistently and rapidly. ACWA takes this opportunity to remind you to regularly check state and Federal health websites for the most up to date information.
Importantly, all staff and employers attending a car wash site for any reason must carry a Worker Permit or risk significant fines. The Permit form can be found here https://www.vic.gov.au/worker-permit-scheme
The links are listed below.
Federal Health Links
State Health Links
Other Important Links
Accessing Government and Financial Support
During the COVID-19 crisis period, the Australian Government has issued two economic stimulus packages totalling more than $83 billion. Members can access professionally prepared What You Need to Know information in the Member's area of this website. A full list of resources available to members is outlined below. If you have limited time, we suggest you look at the PowerPoint presentation prepared by Moore Stephens, which we believe is an excellent summary.
Resources for ACWA Members
ACWA Members should log in to the Member's area of this website to gain exclusive access to resources to help them through the COVID-19 crisis. Resources available for members includes the following material:
General Information for Business
- Coronavirus-COVID-19 What You Need to Know
- ACWA Coronavirus #1 Tips to help keep you and your staff safe
- Detailed COVID-19 Management Plan compiled by Moore Stephens
- Federal Government Code of Conduct COVID-19 Rent Relief Package
- Cleaning for COVID-19 - An OHS paper from Eastman Lynch
- ACWA COVID Safe Plan Template
Information for Employers
- Coronavirus-Covid-19 Information for Employers
- ESSA Workplace Alert March 2020- Coronavirus, Your Obligations as an Employer
- ACWA ESSA Coronavirus Update 16 March 2020 - Employee Travel Bans
- COVID-19 Employees rights to leave and pay
- Key dates and process JobKeeper Scheme
- FAQ JobKeeper Payment - The Treasury - PDF 2020-04-25
- FACT SHEET JobKeeper Payment - Changes to the Fair Work Act - The Treasury - PDF 2020-04-24
- FACT SHEET JobKeeper Payment - Information for Employers - The Treasury - PDF 2020-04-25
- FACT SHEET JobKeeper Payment - Supporting Businesses to Retain Jobs - The Treasury - PDF 2020-04-25
- ATO - General - JobKeeper - In Detail - Guide - Sole Traders QC62204 PDF 2020-04-24
- ATO - General - JobKeeper - In Detail - Guide - Employers reporting through STP QC62205 PDF 2020-04-24
- JobKeeper 2.0 Summary of Policy Announced 21 July 2020
- Victorian Worker Permits https://www.vic.gov.au/worker-permit-scheme
- Changes to JobKeeper 2.0 - Prepared by Graham Lilleyman for ACWA Members
- Changes to JobKeeper 2.0 - Information from Accountants Moore Australia
- Changes to JobKeeper 2.0 - Information from ACWA's Accountants Kidman Partners
- ACWA Coronavirus #3 Aust Govt Stimulus packages - What you need to know
- The First $17.6 bn Stimulus Package - What You Need to Know
- The Second $66.1bn Stimulus Package - What You Need to Know
- Australian Government Fact Sheet - Cash Flow Assistance for Business
- Australian Stimulus Package Summary - PowerPoint Moore Stephens
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet -Information for Employers - Federal Government Job Keeper Scheme
- JobSeeker vs JobSeeker Important Information for Employers - National Tax & Accountants’ Association Ltd: April 2020
- Victorian State Government $5,000 Business Support Expansion Grant 19 July 2020
- JobKeeper 2.0 Summary of Policy Announced 21 July 2020
- JobKeeper 2.0 Various Expert Information and Advice Links
- Victorian State Government’s Business Support Fund
Global COVID-19 Data (Worldwide Infection Rates and Graphs)
John Hopkins University of Medicine
Australian COVID-19 Data (Infection Rates and Graphs)
The Sydney Morning Herald provides a daily analysis of the COVID-19 Status of Australia.
Help ACWA, Help You
Always check the ACWA Website News Page for the latest updates. And be a part of the conversation on Facebook.
If you have additional suggestions, share them at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACWA membership keeps me across all IR and OH&S issues so I can ensure compliance and provide a safe and harmonious workplace for my staff.
My ACWA membership allows me to the opportunity to contribute to a voice for the industry which in turn influences important regulatory decision makers.
Supplier and Victorian Car Wash Member
We are a part of ACWA because we love what ACWA stands for. We like the interaction amongst other car wash operators and we like the way they stand up for our rights in tough times.
South Australian Car Wash Member
We are members of ACWA to learn about and keep abreast of car wash trends, digital world and technology. Make valuable contacts to discuss ideas with and seek advice from.
WA Hand Car Wash Member
I was a newcomer to the industry and needed to get up to speed quickly. The best way to gain this knowledge was to firstly join as a member and subsequently onto the Board.
Tasmanian Car Wash Member