Want to renew your ACWA Membership?
I'm looking for
Only ACWA Members can access the full suite of COVID-19 information documents. The following is just a sample of the publications available to our members.
Information for Business
- Coronavirus-Covid-19 What You Need to Know
- ACWA Coronavirus #1 Tips to help keep you and your staff safe
- Detailed COVID-19 Management Plan compiled by Moore Stephens
Information for Employers
- Coronavirus-Covid-19 Information for Employers
- ESSA Workplace Alert March 2020- Coronavirus, Your Obligations as an Employer
- ACWA ESSA Coronavirus Update 16 March 2020 - Employee Travel Bans
- COVID-19 Employees rights to leave and pay
Economic Stimulus Opportunities for Car Wash Owners
- ACWA Coronavirus #3 Aust Govt Stimulus packages - What you need to know
- The First $17.6 bn Stimulus Package - What You Need to Know
- The Second $66.1bn Stimulus Package - What You Need to Know
- Australian Government Fact Sheet - Cash Flow Assistance for Business
- Australian Stimulus Package Summary - PowerPoint Moore Stephens
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet -Information for Employers - Federal Government Job Keeper Scheme
Members can access all Covid-19 WHS, IR and Business Advice by logging into the Member's Area of the website.
Thanks once again to ACWA’s specialist industrial relations consultants at ESSA and in particular Graham Lilleyman for the ongoing assistance we receive with all-things IR in the car wash industry.
ESSA has advised that the Fair Work Commission (FWC) has handed down the 2020 Annual Wage Review Decision. This the first in some 25 years, there has been a majority rather than a unanimous decision. This highlights the difficulty the FWC experienced in reaching the final decision.
The decision has provided an increase in wage rates, but the timing for increases is dependent upon the Award classification. Employees in car wash operations are covered under the Vehicle Repair, Services and Retail Award 2020. Important to note is that the vehicle manufacturing industry has been removed from this Award and the title changed.
Details on timing of the roll-out of the rates increase for the car wash industry can be obtained from the Member’s Only section of the ACWA website https://acwa.net.au/members/#myaccount
Employers are reminded that they are legally obliged to comply with minimum wage and Award obligations, and there are severe penalties for non-compliance.
ACWA COVID-19 Community Safety Posters
Available exclusive and FREE to ACWA Members.
It is imperative that car wash sites do everything in their power to ensure the safety of staff and customers and with this in mind. ACWA has just released a range of safety posters to help your car wash protect customers and staff.
ACWA's Community Safety Posters reinforce the need for customers to maintain the principles of social distancing while at your car wash and highlight the ways your wash is helping ensure customer safety.
The posters come with a range of messages suitable for use across wash sites from Self-serve to Automatics.
Each poster is available in A4 and A3 (poster) sizes and have been made available absolutely FREE to ACWA members.
Place your order by clicking the link below
What's news at ACWA
ACWA takes this opportunity to advise members of several Worksafe inspections carried out at car wash sites in Victoria in the last week.
Car wash site operators are encouraged to review and update their WHS Site Plans and ensure any required on-site signage is clear and visible to customers.
From 11.59 pm on Wednesday 1 July, there will be… Read More >
Thank you to one of our Association members who… Read More >