Looking to Invest in Car Wash Industry and don't know where to start?
For new investors, the process from site selection to the thrilling day you wash your first car can be a long and complicated journey. And if you are new to the car wash industry, selecting the right car wash investment option can be a difficult decision.
You’ve been watching the car wash down the road looking at all the cars lined up on weekends when you want to wash your car and you think this is an easy way to make money. Firstly, there is no easy way to make money. Secondly, remember even if you built right next door to this busy wash, you’re not going to gain all the business.
There are a couple of significant obstacles to overcome if you decide the car wash industry is for you, in particular, identifying a suitable site and then being able to finance the project.
For new investors, the process from site selection to the opening day you wash your first car can be a long and complicated journey which could take 12 – 18 months and if you are new to the car wash industry, selecting the right car wash investment option could be a difficult decision.
Some new investors will want to seek out the help of a car wash business specialist/consultants who can advise and guide new investors through the process of starting a car wash business.
Let ACWA help by pointing you in the right direction for advice from those who have been in the industry for a long time and have been through the process over and over again.
ACWA supplier members include several specialist consultancy services as well as all the major equipment manufacturers. So, whether you are buying an existing site or setting up a new one, ACWA is an invaluable resource for new investors (click here for consultancy services).
Buying an existing site is the easiest option but like any new business venture, undertaking due diligence will be the most important part in setting up or purchasing a car-wash site. Some things you will need to consider:
- Selecting the type of car wash you want to own and operate;
- In Bay Automatic Wash & Self-Serve Bays
- Tunnel Wash
- Hand Wash
- A combination of some or all these options.
- Making trusted contacts in the car wash industry who can offer advice and help with your research and due diligence.
- Undertaking appropriate analysis including accessing and understanding information on industry data and car washing trends as well as benchmarking and SWOT analysis based on demographic information.
Let’s look at some simple first steps for new investors:
Step One (existing site)
- Site location and size (noting the old real estate adage applies to a successful car wash operation - location, location and location)
- Finding available sites within your budget
- Site location, traffic and visibility
- Understanding the location’s regulation and permit process
- Calculating anticipated wash volumes from the site
- Developing a business plan
Step Two (potential new site)
- Engaging a consultant to assist you with the project.
- Developing the best site layout.
- Engaging the right tradespeople including builders, plumbers, electricians etc.
- Selecting the right equipment supplier.
- Understanding the existing equipment and processes.
- Developing a marketing plan
- Setting up accounts and processes
- Engaging the right people to train the staff