Why become an ACWA Member?
If you want more customers, collaboration, information and help from a legion of like-minded car wash operators, join your industry's Association...ACWA. And with low Membership Fees AND access to industry discounts, ACWA Membership is better value than ever!
ACWA provides members with a fantastic collection of benefits. But perhaps you're getting on just fine without an industry association supporting you...Really?
Just a few examples of ACWA's work on behalf of members include :
The Millennium Drought - Between 2006 and 2008, drought conditions hit Australia, and Government authorities moved to stop car washing. The industry was in crisis, with car wash owners facing financial ruin.
ACWA took up the charge for around 2,500 car wash owners across Australia. Its tireless work and political lobbying saw the industry avoid a wide-ranging closedown. Family businesses were saved from financial catastrophe, and the jobs of thousands of Australian workers were protected.
Of course, the Millennium Drought has now been confined to the annals of Australian history. However, ACWA continues to work with water regulators to ensure our industry can access water during the next drought...and the one after that!
- Victorian Business Costs Assistance Scheme - In July 2021, ACWA pulled off a significant coup in negotiating with the Victorian State Government for a specific grant scheme for small business car wash operators.
The scheme allowed Victorian car wash operators to access multiple grants of up to $5,000 between July and October 2021. Some car wash businesses received up to $27,000, which tallied to somewhere in the order of $2 million industry-wide. Long and short - no ACWA, no $2 million
- Urban Utilities Simpler Pricing – toward the end of 2021, ACWA led the charge for fairer water and sewerage charges for car washes in Southeast Queensland. As a result, ACWA saved some operators more than $12,000 per year.
- Sydney Water Restrictions – The 2019 water restrictions looked set to see car washing closed in Sydney. ACWA’s negotiations with water authorities and Government Ministers in NSW enabled wash operators in Sydney to continue operating during the drought. Not a single member site in Sydney was fined or closed down.
Choose your membership type
Car Wash Operator Member
One Payment Only
The Car Wash Water Saver Rating Scheme (WRS)
Australia is the second driest continent on the planet. At the same time, it is amongst the world's highest per capita water users. Therefore, it is little wonder water restrictions are a way of life for the nation’s communities.
The Car Wash Water Saver Rating Scheme plays a major role in ensuring the car wash industry can continue operating in drought and water restrictions.
The Water Saver Rating Scheme, with its clever use of the internationally recognised five-star rating, sends messages to Government regulators and the community alike that commercial car washing is environmentally conscious and strives to ensure the best possible use of valuable drinking water supplies.
Objectives of the WRS
- Help protect the viability of the car wash industry in times of water shortages through the creation of responsible water standards
- Drive the market to develop cost-efficient technologies to support the needs of the car wash industry
- Reduce the volume of potable (drinkable) water used at commercial car washes by promoting efficient water use and practices
- Educate consumers to make informed decisions about commercial car washes based on an increased understanding of the water efficiency of commercial car washes