Victoria’s Lockdown will Officially be Lifted from 11.59 pm Tonight
The Victorian Premier has made a statement on the changed COVID restrictions in Victoria. A copy of the message can be found here https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/lockdown-lifted-across-victoria
A summary of the Premier’s statement is as follows:
- Victorians will be able to leave their homes for any reason
- Businesses and venues can reopen with capacity and density limits of 1 person per 4sq m
- Hospitality, retail, beauty, personal care, entertainment venues and community facilities will open in line with density limits
- Masks required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences)
- Live music venues, dance classes and physical recreation facilities, including gyms, will all open with density requirements of 1 person per 4sq m
- Schools will reopen on Wednesday
- No visitors to the home for the next fortnight
- Public gatherings will be allowed with up to 10 people
- If you can work from home, you should work from home. Office workers will be able to return up to 25 per cent or up to 10 people, whichever is greater.
- Holiday accommodation can only be booked with your household, intimate partner or single bubble person
- Entry to Victoria’s alpine resorts will require a negative Covid test and result within 72 hours before visiting. Children under 12 years of age are not required to be tested.
- Funerals and weddings will have a cap of 50 mourners
ACWA will provide further details if and when available.