NSW Members Covid Update – Lockdown Extended
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced that NSW will remain in lockdown for a further four weeks until August 28, 2021. The restrictions apply to Greater Sydney, including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour. A copy of the Premier’s media release can be found here https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/certainty-for-community-as-restrictions-adjusted-and-vaccines-ramped-up
The entire Australian car wash industry sends its best wishes to our friends in Sydney during this challenging period.
There are few changes to restrictions announced today that apply to car wash operations; however, ACWA provides the following summary of changes.
From midnight tonight (Wed July 28 2021)
- Greater Sydney residents, including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour must limit their shopping to within their Local Government Area (LGA) or, if outside their LGA, within 10km from home, unless the item is not available locally.
- The Parramatta, Campbelltown and Georges River LGAs join the five existing LGAs subject to an Authorised Workers Order. Only authorised workers in these eight LGAs may leave their LGA for work. (The five previously announced LGAs of concern are Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Blacktown and Cumberland)
From 12.01 am, Saturday, July 31 2021
- Construction in non-occupied settings outside of the LGAs of concern (with no residents on-site) will re-open, subject to a one-person per 4sqm rule.
- Tradespeople, including cleaners who can work with zero contact with residents, may resume work (if outside the eight LGAs of concern).
- A singles bubble will also be introduced (allowing those who live alone to nominate one designated family member or friend to visit)
- All authorised workers from Canterbury-Bankstown LGA must get tested once every three days to leave their LGA for work.
- Those living in the Fairfield and Cumberland LGAs but working outside these areas as health or aged care workers must be tested once every three days to be allowed to work outside their LGA.
Changes to Business Support Packages
The Premier also announced some changes to business support packages.
ACWA encourages members to check eligibility for the JobSaver and COVID-19 Business Grants and potentially the opportunities opened to defer payroll tax benefits. If you haven’t already investigated these opportunities, please click the following link https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/2021-covid-19-support-package/businesses-sole-traders-and-small-not-for-profits#jobsaver
Please stay safe.