It appears members operating in NSW are not impacted by the announcement of new restrictions on business imposed by the NSW Government over the weekend. The new restrictions can be found here;
- Restrictions for Northern Beaches https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules/northern-beaches
- Restrictions for Greater Sydney, Central Coast and Wollongong https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules/greater-sydney
With potentially fewer people moving about, there may be a downturn in business through your washes. Obviously this is not an ideal outcome as we come into the Christmas break however, we hope the situation will be under control quickly and, the impact minimised.
Please play your role in keeping the community and staff safe through this challenging time. ACWA takes this opportunity to ask you to consider implementing the following simple steps:
- Ensure staff are adequately briefed on their responsibilities and your wash’s safety procedures
- Ensure adequate supplies of hand sanitiser are available for staff and customers
- Ensure social distancing signage is in place – Available for FREE to members by logging into the members only section of the ACWA website https://acwa.net.au/members/#myaccount
- Encourage the use of masks by all staff
- Even though car washing is not mandated to do so, ACWA strongly recommends your have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe.
- By completing the NSW Government’s online Plan, your wash will receive the “COVID Safe businesses blue tick badge ”which can be displayed on your premises and shows your customers that you’re committed to their safety
We wish all members a happy and safe Christmas at this difficult time.