The scheme uses a well-understood star rating system – five stars being the best result indicating the lowest amount of drinking water used per wash.
The Car Wash Water Saver program measures the amount of mains potable (drinking) water used by your car wash equipment and provides your wash with a rating based on water efficiency.
The amount of water used per wash is assessed by the owner/operator using a detailed self-assessment guide. If your car wash site has two or more types of equipment, each type is assessed separately. The overall site rating will be the lowest equipment rating achieved.
The following rating levels have been approved by the federal Smart Approved Water Mark.
|Star Rating||Litres per Wash|
|3 Stars||121-140 litres per wash|
|4 Stars||101-120 litres per wash|
|5 Stars||Up to 100 litres per wash|
Your site’s self-assessment results will be reviewed by the Water Saver Rating Manager, and once accepted into the Water Saver Rating Scheme, your wash will receive a comprehensive package, including:
- Water Saver Rating Certificate
- Rating Sign for public display and Signage Style Guide to promote your Water Saver Car Wash
- Best Practice Water Saver Guide Water Conservation Plan and
- Promotion and Media Toolkit
- An enhanced listing on the www.wheretowashmycar.com.au website.
Car Wash Water Saver Rating Scheme Benefits
- More security of continued operation - The program is designed to protect your business under local water use regulations.
- More customers, more often:
- Market research reveals customers prefer to use car washes they know are minimising water use and protecting the stormwater systems from pollution
- The eye-catching signage will help attract more car owners to your car wash
- Enhanced website listing proving greater market reach www.wheretowashmycar.com.au
Program Fees and Discounts
The Australian Car Wash Association is operating the Water Saver Rating Scheme as a non-profit program for the industry. ACWA Members and multi-site operators receive significant discounts.
|Fee Per Site||One type of equipment||Two types of equipment|
|ACWA members joining fee||$350||$390|
|Non-member joining fees||$490||$540|
|Multiple sites joining fee (more than 5 sites)||25% discount||25% discount|
|Subsequent Year Licence Fees|
|Multiple sites joining fee (more than 5 sites)||25% discount|
**all fees are GST exclusive
Register to Join the Car Wash Water Saver Rating Scheme
What happens after I return the Registration form
Once we receive your Registration form and registration fee, you will:
- Receive a Self-assessment Kit, which includes an assessment guide, and Statutory Declaration form for each of your nominated sites
- Follow the instructions to measure your site(s) water usage
- Return the completed self-assessment form(s) and signed Statutory Declaration for each site.
- Keep a copy of the self-assessment on site for your records
- The site self-assessment results will be reviewed by the Water Saver Rating Manager, who will contact you if necessary, for further information about your self-assessment and/or other details.