Earlier this morning Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced significant changes to health regulations in the Greater Brisbane area. This included a declaration that residents in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home.
The lockdown announcement is for three days and commences at 6 pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6 pm Monday 11 January.
Full details of restrictions can be found here https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/greater-brisbane-lockdown.
Please note that essential businesses (including car washes) can remain open as they did during the March 2020 restriction period. However, if located in an impacted area, your car wash will need to have a COVID Safe Plan to remain operational.
Importantly masks must be worn everywhere in the declared local government areas except if people are in their home. Car wash operators should ensure ALL STAFF are issued with masks while on-site and further, ensure they are worn.
For information, the Businesses that must close are as follows:
- Retail food services including pubs, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets except for takeaway services.
- Entertainment facilities, such as theatres, cinemas, music halls and concert halls.
- Amusement centres, such as places to play billiards, pool, pinball machines or video games.
- Indoor recreation facilities such as squash courts, indoor swimming pools and gyms.
- Places of public worship, except for weddings and funerals in line with the person limits.
- Spas, nail salons, hairdressers, beauty salons, waxing salons, tanning salons and tattoo parlours
- Massage parlours unless provided by a registered health practitioner or qualified massage therapist.
- Auction houses
- Betting agencies and gaming lounges
- Markets, except for food and farmers markets
- Galleries, museums and libraries
- Community facilities, such as community halls
- Sex on-premises services, sex services premises and strip clubs
- Public swimming pools
Previous ACWA notices about sanitation, social distancing and COVID Safe Plans should be implemented immediately. Queensland Government COVID Safe Plan information can be found here https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/approved-industry-covid-safe-plans.
ACWA Members can access COVID Safe Plan Templates by logging into the member’s area of the ACWA website https://acwa.net.au/members