Changes to NSW Lockdown Conditions
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced new restrictions for Business which will come into effect from 11.59 pm tonight. At this time, the details have not made it to the NSW COVID websites; however, the Premier’s media statement can be found here https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/restrictions-to-further-limit-spread-of-covid-19-delta-strain
Often the devil is in the detail, and without that information available, we can only state what is on the media statement. It declares that from 11.59 pm on Saturday, 17 July:
- Retail premises will be required to close (‘click and collect’, takeaway, and home delivery can still operate), except the following can remain open:
- Supermarkets and grocery stores (including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable stores, liquor stores and fishmongers);
- Stores that predominantly sell health, medical, maternity and infant supplies;
- Pharmacies and chemists;
- Petrol stations;
- Car hire;
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Hardware, nurseries and building supplies;
- Agricultural and rural supplies;
- Pet supplies;
- Post offices and newsagents; and
- Office supplies.
We will provide further details when full details of the Chief Medical Officers directions are available.