Car Wash Show Australia 2022 provided the backdrop for the announcement of three new inductees into the Australian Car Wash Industry Hall of Fame.
The inductees announced at the event exemplify greatness in the Australian car wash industry and join the foundation inductees including Shiners’ Richard Davison, Good Sight’s Ardeis H. “Buck” Myers and Richard Holloway of Carwash Headquarters.
ACWA President Neil Fox announced the winners at the Car Wash Show Australia’s Party in the Washbay event. Those inducted were:
Greg Boston The Car Bath (SA)
Tony Stephens Washbusters (VIC)
David Moyns Velocity Vehicle Care
“The criteria for induction into the Australian Car Wash Industry Hall of Fame include attributes such as leadership, collaboration, industry support, longevity, and innovation,” said Neil Fox, “This year’s inductees truly embody greatness in the Australian car wash industry and are worthy additions to the Hall of Fame honour roll”.
ACWA is currently preparing a webpage to honour our inductees, in the meantime we provide the following background information.
Greg Boston, The Car Bath (SA)
- Greg is recognised nationally as an exceptional South Australian-based car wash operator and leader in the Australian Car Wash Industry.
- Greg has served on the Board of the Australian Car Wash Association on more than one occasion and was President from 2005-2008.
- As President, he presided over the most tumultuous period in Australian car wash history… the Millennial Drought.
- Greg navigated the industry through the drought crisis, leading negotiations with Government departments, politicians and bureaucrats across the country.
- Greg remains passionate about the impact of car washing on the environment. He is considered by many in the industry as the “go-to” person on the subject of water reclaim and recycling systems.
- Greg remains active with the Australian Car Wash Association, serving as Company Secretary.
Tony Stephens, Washbusters (VIC)
- On 17th October 1996, he and Rob Anson founded ACWA, the Australian Car Wash Association.
- Tony first encountered car washing in North America in the early 90s and “fell in love”.
- Returning to his hometown of Melbourne, he set about building a wash.
- He initially worked with Hall of Famer Richard Davison, opening a wash in Frankston.
- Soon after, he built Washbusters in Moorabbin.
- As the industry was in its infancy, Tony regularly visited North America, developing relationships with equipment and product suppliers.
- As well as running his own business, he has fostered and mentored many other car wash operators over several decades.
- In 2021 Tony sold Washbusters but still remains very involved in the industry.
David Moyns, Velocity Vehicle Care
- David Moyns is a car wash supplier of premium products with more than 20 years of experience in the car wash industry.
- David has clearly been a wanderer and has worked extensively across North and South Queensland, Papua New Guinea, Western Australia and Victoria.
- In 2014 David formed Velocity Vehicle Care to exclusively take on the master distributorship for Zep Vehicle Care products in the Pacific Region.
- David served a term on the Australian Car Wash Association Board from 2010.
- David is recognised nationally as a leader and mentor in the car wash industry. His passion, integrity and work ethic are renowned.
- David introduced Australia to globally recognised brands
- Blue Coral in 2001
- Rain-X in 2006
- Armour All Professional in 2015
- David is continually looking for and introducing new and innovative products to the car wash market, such as
- Assure Program in 2015
- Coinless mobile in 2020