Service & Support Technician
Shiners Car Wash Systems
We are seeking the services of an experienced Service and Support Technician to join our well-established company in our new premises based in the Melbourne suburb of Dandenong South.
Established in 1992, Shiners Car Wash Systems import and distribute state-of-the-art self-serve and automatic car wash equipment throughout Australia and New Zealand, in addition to the supply of spare parts, chemicals, consumables, service & support. With well more than 200 car wash systems installed to date Shiners is recognised as an industry leader.
Shiners is currently expanding its service department to meet the growing demands for our technical support and services. We require a highly skilled and trained car wash Tech to join our team, or alternatively, someone with some technical and electrical qualifications willing to learn the industry under the guidance of our experienced Technical Manager.
This position reports to the General Manager and the duties will include but not be limited to:
- Installation and commissioning of new car wash equipment throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Set up detailed preventative maintenance schedules and manuals for all equipment installed.
- Train customers at time of installation on operation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Respond to service and breakdown requests.
- Establish, monitor and schedule preventative maintenance service schedules for all equipment.
- Provide emergency telephone support with customers as required, 7 days per week.
- Monitor systems on-line via equipment PLCs.
Desired skills and experience:
- Electrical qualifications or other relevant technical field
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of automated car wash equipment preferred.
- Experience in every aspect of troubleshooting, servicing and repairs of car wash systems highly desirable.
- Experience and understanding of programming and operating PLCs.
- Good problem solving skills
High level of communication skills and cope well under pressure.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of OH&S.
- Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to self-motivate is essential.
What we offer the successful applicant:
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary package, including motor vehicle and mobile phone, plus bonus structure based on performance of Service Division operations. He or she will be based in Melbourne but will be required to make frequent interstate and occasional overseas trips, often at short notice. Overseas travel would include, but not be limited to, New Zealand, USA.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a progressive, growing company and become an integral part of our team. If you enjoy a challenge and are looking to develop your career within a successful, friendly company then this role is for you!
Applications in writing to:
General Manager Operations
Shiners Car Wash Systems
Mr. Ken Planner